Trauma Registry Committee Update (March 2019)
Trauma Registry Committee Update
Dr. Simon Lampard, MD, FACS—Committee Chairman
Lyndsey Diehl—PTSF Staff Liaison
The PTSF Board of Directors has approved the following changes to PTOS/Collector for 2020 admissions:
- Addition of the NTDB/TQIP element INITIAL ED/HOSPITAL HEIGHT.
- The addition of the element “Signs of Life” to the query for Audit Filters #16 and #20.
- Patients with an injury time greater than 24 hours prior to arrival at the referring hospital to be excluded from Audit Filter #11a.
- Addition of an auto-calculation to the Acute Care/Arrival/Admission tab of Collector. This calculation will calculate the administrative ED length of stay.
- The addition of the NTDB/TQIP elements INITIAL ED/HOSPITAL OXYGEN SATURATION and INITIAL ED/HOSPITAL SUPPLEMENTAL OXYGEN to PTOS.
- Enabling of the PGY field for all “Others Called to ED” providers on the ED Response and Consults tabs.
- The addition of an optional element to capture “Admit Unit” to PTOS.
- Requiring Time of Death/Transfer be recorded for all types of discharges.
Please note that these changes will not be effective until January 1, 2020 admissions. All 2020 changes will be presented at the 2019 PTSF Fall Conference and reflected in the 2020 PTOS Manual.
Contact Lyndsey Diehl at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.