A 20-member board of directors governs the activities of the Foundation. This board is comprised of professionals with experience and expertise in the emergency health care industry. The Foundation strives to ensure equal geographic representation among the board members.
- five members representing statewide physician organizations
- five members representing statewide hospital organizations
- three members representing statewide nursing organizations
- two members representing statewide emergency services organizations
- the Chairman and Minority Chairman of both the Senate and House Health and Welfare Committees, or their committee member designees
- the Secretary of the Department of Health or designee